This Cleaning and Support Services Apprenticeship is the industry’s professional qualification for all skilled cleaners. The cleaning industry is an important, competitive and thriving one, estimated to be worth about £10bn annually and employing around 800,000 people.
This qualification is suitable for those already employed as a cleaner as well as those seeking employment of this type. It is suitable for anyone involved in basic cleaning operations.
- Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning and Environmental Support Services
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- 12 months minimum
Typical units covered
- Working on your own and with others
- Cleaning internal and external services
- Cleaning different environments such as washrooms and food areas
- Deep clean of equipment and surfaces
- Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Carry out maintenance and minor repairs
You must complete an initial assessment identifying prior learning and experience in order to ensure this apprenticeship is the correct pathway.
You will also need to show willingness to learn and work and must have good communication skills.