Learners will develop the necessary knowledge and skills through working as a barber in the workplace or a work environment. Throughout the Level 2 Diploma in Barbering, learners will be supervised by technical staff and assessed on their occupational competence.
- Level 2 Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
12 months minimum
Typical units covered
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
You must complete an initial assessment identifying prior learning and experience in order to ensure this apprenticeship is the correct pathway.
You will also need to show enthusiasm, commitment, have interest in the subject area and have good communication skills.