In this qualification learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of the underpinning theory. Learners will improve their skills through working as a hairdresser in the workplace or a work environment. Throughout the VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF) learners will be supervised by technical staff and assessed on their occupational competence.
Candidates will learn how to shampoo the hair, blow dry hair, set hair, cut hair, colour hair, perm hair, advise and consult with clients and promote retail sales, communicate with colleagues.
This course is supported by effective teaching materials, combined with support systems to provide an excellent learning environment.
- Level 3 in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT, if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Typical units covered
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Hair colour and corrections service
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
There are no formal entry requirements; this qualification is open to all candidates who are preparing to work or who already work in a Customer facing environment. It is important, however, to make sure that learners are able to produce evidence in line with the assessment guidance. As a result of this, significant access to a working environment is required.