This apprenticeship focuses on the practical skills and knowledge involved in the manufacturing process providing the skills to be well placed to work on a variety of manufacturing operations within your chosen industry from printing and photographic processing, chemicals, metals, rubber and plastics, to food and drink.
- Level 2 Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- 12 months minimum
Typical units covered
- Preparing for manufacturing operations
- Controlling manufacturing operations
- Contributing to improving effectiveness in the workplace
- Producing products by processing
- Analysing the results of inspection and confirming quality of production
You must complete an initial assessment identifying prior learning and experience in order to ensure this apprenticeship is the correct pathway. You will also need to show enthusiasm, commitment and interest in the subject area, also this apprenticeship requires lots of kneeling down, lifting and carrying heavy materials so physical fitness is required along with being good at figures.