This is the hospitality industry’s diploma for any staff whose job involve multi-skilling across different departments in their chosen outlet. It is suitable for all hospitality staff whatever type of establishment they work, whether that be accommodation, food and drink service or retail.
- Level 2 Diploma in Food Production and Cooking
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- 12 – 18 months minimum
Typical units covered
- Principles of food preparation and cooking
- Sauces, soups and dough products
- Egg, rice and pasta
- Grains and pulses
- Vegetarian meals
- Fish and shellfish
- Poultry, meat and offal
- Pastry, cakes and scones
You must complete an initial assessment identifying prior learning and experience in order to ensure this apprenticeship is the correct pathway.
You will also need to portray an understanding of the industry, willingness to learn and a good amount of knowledge about food and health and safety.