Apprentices will learn to use products and tools, use massage techniques, use shampoo and conditioning products as well as a range of cutting techniques including one length, fringe cutting, precision cutting, scissor over comb, texturizing, laying techniques, graduation and clipper work. They will also be able to competently use a range of styling tools and equipment to create a look including blow drying, hair-up styles, setting and dressing, finger drying, plaiting/braiding and twisting and using additional hair. Here are various optional skills to learn throughout including perming hair, hair relaxing techniques and hair extension services.
- Level 2 Diploma in Hair Professional
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- 18 months minimum
Typical units covered
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
You must complete an initial assessment identifying prior learning and experience in order to ensure this apprenticeship is the correct pathway.
You will need to have good communication skills, 100% focus and eager to learn.